NAME: Caroline Montes
BIRTHPLACE: New York
BIRTHDAY: June 4, 1987
OCCUPATION: Market Research Analyst
1. FOR HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN CROSSFITTING: Since May 2014
2. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WOD OR MOVEMENT AND WHY:
• My Favorite WOD is Annie, its challenging and involves my two favorite exercises. I do this at home when I cannot make it to a Crossfit class.
3. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE WOD OR MOVEMENT AND WHY:
• I can’t say I have a least Favorite WOD or movement because I truly enjoy the challenge that all the WODs and movement bring. But if I really have to pick one, I’d say it would have to be the Clean and Jerk because I’m still traumatized from the day that the 95lb barbell with weights fell on my head and rolled down my face as I tried to Jerk it.
4. HOW DID YOU GET INTO CROSSFIT:
• I was looking for a new way to get into shape and wanted to prepare for the NYPD Academy. Crossfit was always something I wanted to try and when I saw there was a Crossfit gym just 2 blocks from my house I knew this was a sign for me to finally do it.
5. WHAT FITNESS PROGRAM WERE YOU DOING BEFORE CROSSFIT AND HOW DO THEY DIFFER:
• Before Crossfit I did boxing and I would go to the gym to run and work on the machines when I wasn’t training at the boxing gym. I can honestly say Crossfit is another breed of working out when compared to boxing. With boxing, I followed a specific weight training program for a month and then it would switch to another one, which got boring fast for me. Crossfit keeps me on my toes and curious as to what the WOD will be the next day and challenges me more than boxing because the workouts are never the same.
6. HOW HAVE YOU CHANGED SINCE JOINING CF BREED:
• Well I can say Crossfit has challenged me both physically and mentally. I have never been as physically and mentally strong as I am today and I owe it to CF Breed. It has taught me to have a more positive outlook on life. Being at CF Breed made me realize that if I can jump on a 26 inch box and cut and bruise my shins, drop a 95lbs bar on my head and let it roll down my face, hit my chin when attempting a strict press and still survive, I can conquer anything I put my mind too both at the box and in my personal life.
7. WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE TO NEW COMERS TO CROSSFIT:
• Exercise of the brain is as important as exercise of the muscles…In other words, prepare yourself mentally if you want to succeed at everything that Crossfit entails. Also, while having fun at the box, prepare for bruises and buy shin guards if you ever want to see your legs scar free again.
8. WHY DO YOU LIKE TRAINING AT CROSSFIT BREED:
• We are all kids on the inside and Crossfit Breed unleashes that kid and lets us be who we truly are. Thus, I can say I don’t like…I LOVE Training at Crossfit Breed. I love it because everyone makes you feel welcomed; it is like one big family. Everyone is friendly and will cheer you are when you are facing a challenging weight. Everyone makes you feel like a super star when you reach a PR…it’s a great feeling and who doesn’t like their ego fed once in a while.
9. DO YOU PLAY ANY SPORTS? WHICH?
• I’m a solo sport person, I don’t like to feel like I let my team down so I box and run.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR FITNESS GOALS FOR 2014?
• To lose the last 15lbs I have been trying to lose for 4 years now and now that I started doing Crossfit, my other goals are to become really lean and strong.