Say HELLO to Indira aka Dee. You can catch her at 12 noon
1. Who are you?
2. Describe yourself in ONE positive word.
3. If you were an animal which would you be and why?
Growing up I always wanted to be a bird so I could fly anywhere I wanted to at any given moment. I do love elephants, though.
4. How did you get to Breed?
Honestly, I didn’t know what I was getting myself into. I didn’t want to return to the boring routine of Zumba and other exercises that involve waving your arms around for no reason.
My sister mentioned taking an intro class that kicked her ass and remembered getting yelled at to finish. I said sign me up lol.
Motivation comes in different forms.. ha
5. What are some of your good habits or characteristics?
I’m always on time for the important things haha…
I’m dependable and nonjudgmental.
I don’t take things too seriously.
I would say I’m pretty easy going.
6. Do you enjoy working out, Why or why not?
I never enjoyed working out. At home, I lacked the motivation while at the gym all the bouncing and hopping around like robots didn’t appeal to me.
However, I enjoy it now! ?
7. What super powers would you have liked to have? Why?
Teleport… because who wouldn’t want to.
8. Make a list of 5 things you are grateful for.
-A plethora of different people, places, and things. How boring would the world be if all things were the same?
9. Who or what inspires you?
My children, poets, rappers, authors, activists, singers, songwriters, books, heroes, my elders, people who are genuine, Dharma….. the list is endless
10. What are you currently improving in CrossFit?
I’d have to say EVERYTHING!
11. How is CrossFit changing your life?
It has made me enjoy exercising. We all know the benefits of staying active. It’s a matter of finding a place where you feel you’re not in it alone. This is it!
12. What current book or music are you currently into?
“The Buddha walks into a bar…
By, Lodro Rinzler
And “On Writing” By, Stephen King
My Spotify list is pretty random from B.i.G to Portishead, Damien Escobar, Ed Sheeran and so on…
13. What projects are you working on outside of CrossFit?
I’m constantly working on being a better person inside and outside the gym.
14. Share with us something we might not know about you.
I didn’t start matching my socks until after I became an adult… haha
I’m still contemplating adulthood.