Always on the Top 10 Attendance Committee, you can catch Janice at 7:30 PM or sometimes 6:30 PM.
1. Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Janice and I am a fifth-grade public school teacher.
2. Describe yourself in ONE positive word.
3. If you were an animal which would you be and why?
A horse because they are wild and beautiful animals
4. How did you get to Breed?
The universe brought me there.
5. What are some of your good habits or characteristics?
I am consistent and loyal when I invest in something or someone. I THINK I am also pretty funny. Lol.
Or at least, I like to laugh which is always a good thing.
6. Do you enjoy working out, Why or why not?
I don’t get enjoyment from working out alone. I do however love the feeling of working out with a person or people who push me to do my best and make me laugh, which is why I love Breed.
7. What super powers would you have liked to have?Why?
I’d like to be invisible. It would allow me to do things such as the following…
• travel without paying or feeling afraid since no one would see me I could go ANYWHERE without fear
• listen in on other people’s conversations and see their habits and behavior
• and to haunt people with kind words
8. Make a list of 5 things you are grateful for.
• my family and friendships
• teaching at ps 108k
• my health
• my freedom
• my heart
9. Who or what inspires you?
There is nothing better than Seeing and being the recipient of acts of kindness
It can change the world
10. What are you currently improving in CrossFit?
I have decided to get gymNASTY in 2017
Starting with finally getting butterfly pull-ups
11. How is CrossFit changing your life?
I see CrossFit as an outlet for me to embrace and celebrate the hard and the soft of me.
it has allowed me to release lots of my intense emotions and energy that may seem inappropriate in a normal everyday setting especially for a female :)…and as a result, my body has become more physically fit.
But it also has brought some beautiful people into my life who have and continue to help me see and be, more graceful, kind, and supportive to myself and others…because in the box we all come from different walks of life and are at different levels, this enables me to get out of my own head and take the time to see things through the lens of another…and as a result, my heart is more spiritually open.
12. What current book or music are you currently into?
by Elizabeth Gilbert
David and Goliath
by Malcolm Gladwell
By Kathi Appelt
13. What projects are you working on outside of CrossFit?
The Janice project:
learning how to rebel with grace
14. Share with us something we might not know about you.
I think I was a king or a warlord in a past life.
I believe in the power of naps
15. What is your social media tags so we can follow: