Karen Coronel does our 5:30 AM class
1. Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Karen and I am a government employee currently working for the NYC Economic Development Corporation
2. Describe yourself in ONE positive word.
3. If you were an animal which would you be and why?
A dolphin- they are smart, agile and communicative animals
4. How did you get to Breed?
I had tried CrossFit before but gave it up because I was getting frustrated (not seeing the results/community dynamic) so I then tried boxing (which I enjoyed but the owner had made some misogynistic comments), I looked up Breed and decided to take up CrossFit again.
5. What are some of your good habits or characteristics?
Motivated, positive outlook, friendly, and open-minded.
6. Do you enjoy working out, why or why not?
Yes, I only started enjoying it my junior year of college. I realized how strong your body/mind can be and how important it is to have physical activity within your daily schedule.
7. What super powers would you have liked to have? Why?
Teleportation, I would love to travel to different places with a snap of my fingers.
8. Make a list of 5 things you are grateful for.
a. My parents/family
b. My career/mentors
c. My health
d. My partner
e. Having a job/opportunities
9. Who or what inspires you?
Kind acts done by strangers inspire me
10. What are you currently improving in CrossFit?
My upper body strength
11. How is CrossFit changing your life?
Challenging myself to get out of my comfort zone
12. What current book or music are you currently into?
I am into podcasts right now- West Wing Weekly, There Goes the Neighborhood, Cracked, and FiveThirtyEight Politics
13. What projects are you working on outside of CrossFit?
a. Establishing a woman of color group that will work on effective political strategy/policy/mentorship- looking to have more women represent us in government
b. On the banquet committee for my sorority’s 25th-year anniversary
c. Trying to study for entrance exams for grad school
14. Share with us something we might not know about you.
I am obsessed with Frenchies