Kevin Byrne you can now catch him in the 7:30 PM Class.
1. Who are you and what do you do?
Kevin; Food Safety and Audit Manager for (of all places) a candy manufacturer.
2. Describe yourself in ONE positive word.
3. If you were an animal which would you be and why?
A monkey: because they’re mischievous, curious, clever, and also because I was born in the Year of the Monkey.
4. How did you get to Breed?
I was trying to lose weight by walking around the neighborhood, and saw the banner on the fence; I looked Breed up and signed up – I’ve been here ever since.
5. What are some of your good habits or characteristics?
I walk a lot; I’m willing to try new things; I’m creative.
6. Do you enjoy working out, Why or why not?
I really didn’t enjoy working out until I got to Breed – the community is what makes me enjoy things.
7. What super powers would you have liked to have? Why?
The ability to stop time; life gets so busy sometimes that being able to do that and just relax would be nice.
8. Make a list of 5 things you are grateful for.
My family; my friends; books; music; my fit fam.
9. Who or what inspires you?
First and foremost, my kids: they are a constant source of inspiration to me; after that, every single person I work out with at Breed, because you all inspire me to do more and do it better.
10. What are you currently improving in CrossFit?
I don’t think there’s enough room to list everything that I’m trying to improve in Crossfit, but…gymnastics, mostly.
11. How is CrossFit changing your life?
It’s changed my life physically (almost 90 pounds lost), and mentally (mentally tougher).
12. What current book or music are you currently into?
I’m currently working my way through Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink, and listening to a lot of Hot Chip.
13. What projects are you working on outside of CrossFit?
I’m currently working on a Business Certification, and I’m gearing up to finish my Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science.
14. Share with us something we might not know about you.
I was a pastry chef in a four-star French restaurant out on Long Island.
15. What is your social media tags so we can follow (instagram, etc)
IG: @kevinbyrne (be warned, there are a lot of photos of my watch there – it’s the closest I will ever get to posting a selfie)