Tom B joined CrossFit Breed in September 2016 and you can usually find him doing our 7:30 PM class.
1. Who are you and what do you do?
My name is Tom Burkland (Tom B) and I work as a marketing associate at Reis, a commercial real estate data, and analytics provider.
2. Describe yourself in ONE positive word.
3. If you were an animal which would you be and why?
I would be a wolf because they’re pretty badass.
4. How did you get to Breed?
I moved to Ridgewood in September and found Breed VIA CrossFit.com.
5. What are some of your good habits or characteristics?
I think Consistency is one of my best characteristics. I may not be the strongest or fastest but I show up every day ready to work hard.
6. Do you enjoy working out? Why or why not?
I like working out because it’s an hour out of my day where I can forget about anything that might be stressing me out or bothering me.
7. What super powers would you have liked to have? Why?
My superpower would be the ability to fly or teleport so I could travel around the world for free.
8. Make a list of 5 things you are grateful for.
I am thankful for my family, my friends, my dog, all the opportunities I’ve been given in life, and all the great people I’ve met at CrossFit Breed.
9. Who or what inspires you?
10. What are you currently improving in CrossFit?
I’m working on being able to string together double-unders and working towards getting my first muscle-up.
11. How is CrossFit changing your life?
Doing CrossFit has shown me that nothing is impossible. Some days I look at WOD’s and think “There’s no way I’ll be able to do that.” But then the workout is over and I didn’t die and feel great about myself. I try to remember that when dealing with other things in life. If I can survive Jackie than anything else should be a piece of cake.
12. What book or music are you currently into?
I listen to a lot of different genres of music but the album “Avvolgere” by True Widow is currently in heavy rotation.
13. What projects are you working on outside of CrossFit?
In my free time, I am teaching myself a few different computer coding languages. I try to constantly be learning new things and skills.
14. Share with us something we might not know about you.
I was once in a room about the size of Breed with Jay-z, Alicia Keys, and Swizz Beats for an hour and a half.